- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup homemade tomato paste (2 blended tomatoes, herbs, salt & pepper)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 200C.
Grate the cauliflower using a cheese grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool. Place the cauliflower into a clean dish towel & squeeze out all the moisture. Put the cauliflower into a clean mixing bowel & mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 25cm round pizza base on the prepared pizza pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, approximately 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving. Top tip: you can put all sorts of topping on your pizza like green pepper, red onion or even broccoli so have fun & be creative.